Tuesday, August 1, 2017

First Week Over, Semester 2 Go!

Hey, all!

It's been a little over a week since my last post and I apologize for that. I meant to get one out on Friday or Saturday, but I ended up getting distracted with trying to figure out a set pace to go about studying for my classes this semester.

The first week of class was pretty good and I am feeling relatively confident with this semester. The only class I haven't started yet is my engineering class and the lecture for that starts tomorrow afternoon. My Japanese class is a little overwhelming right now, but I have been away from it for a semester and a couple lessons behind what they're taught here. I feel like I'll be catching up pretty quickly in a week or so. I'm going to be trying to be pretty active about catching up and learning everything. I'm planning on getting some stuff this weekend that I think will help with that.

My math course is actually two math classes in one, so it's a little different. The lecture for the first half is on Mondays and its tutorial is on Wednesdays (tomorrow) while the other half's lecture and tutorial is on Tuesday, back to back, with the tutorial first in the morning. Numerical Methods (first half) is a little weird and I was unsure about it last week, but after this week I think it should be okay. The real test I think will be the tutorial/labs. The Statistics part (second half) is actually pretty good and I'm already seeing how it will help when I get back to NAU.

My Classical Greece class is a flipped classroom setting, where the lectures are online and we have an in person tutorial. So far this class is absolutely great. The material we are supposed to do online each week to prep for the tutorial is actually interesting and isn't just reading. He also posts videos and audio. I think even in the future weeks, he will be posting videos and maybe podcasts. I am looking forward to this class, despite the fact that I will have to write a 2250 word essay. I think this time it will go easier since he seems to be more instructive on what he's looking for. I also think it will go by easier since it's the only essay I have to prep for and I have at least a couple people who would be willing to help edit it and make it better. I'm hoping that I will be able to prep for it early enough and start writing early so I'm not stressed about getting it all done in a week or so.

My Heat and Mass Transfer class is also kinda a two part class, but the first half of the semester is going to be one transfer and then the last half of  the semester will be the other transfer. I'm not sure what to expect from this class yet since I haven't had it. The tutorial and lecture were both cancelled the first week of class. I'll update my feelings on this class after I have the lecture and tutorial. I'm hoping to actually get these posts back on track and posting on Friday or Saturday.

Other than that, not a lot has really happened. I went to a club meeting yesterday (31 July) and as a result, I was able to pick up a hoodie for being in the club and paid for it and a future shirt I will be getting. Today, I Skyped with my family for my niece's birthday. It was nice and I miss my family. I, however, do not miss how loud they can be, haha!

I think that's it for now! I hope to post Friday night or Saturday! Until next time!


 ^^: The pictures above are nearby one of my classes and I hadn't journeyed over this way so I felt I had to take some pictures!
 
^^: The back and front of my new hoodie! It's only for executives and general committee members (if they wanted).

No comments:

Post a Comment