Sunday, August 27, 2017

Week 5: Quizzes and Events, Go!

Hey, all!

It has been a very eventful week since my last post! I had a lot of fun with friends and probably should have studied more than I ended up doing, but I think everything should turn out okay.

Monday, I went to the Doctor Who Society Bake Sale and ended up getting a lot of food. The first round was just a chocolate cupcake and another cupcake-like thing. After that, I went into the library to print some stuff for one of my classes. I also looked up books that I could use for my essay and got the ones I could and requested the others. About an hour had passed when I got out of the library and went back to the bake sale to talk to my friends there as well as get some more baked goods. I wanted to support them as well as have some good sweets, haha! I went back to my room and unloaded my backpack and sat down to relax (and watch the new Game of Thrones episode!) before studying. About halfway through the GoT episode, I got a notification that the NSA hangouts event was up for that day (in about 40 min). I decided I would go to that and bring stuff with me so I could study there (which didn't really happen, mainly because my iPad was low in battery). I went to the NSA meeting afterward and had dinner with them. I split my food again so I could have some of it for lunch/dinner the next day (saves money too!).

The only thing that really happened on Tuesday was that I went to the Intermediate Japanese language workshop that's held by NSA members. I got a little bit of a better idea of what was going to be on the quiz on Thursday as well as we studied a little bit ahead and then we ended up watching a couple YouTube videos in Japanese with no subtitles. Most of the videos were interesting and funny and I could pick up a lot of what was going on.

Wednesday, I studied as much as I could and thought about attending the Doctor Who event that night. I ended up deciding to go, but I brought my Japanese textbook and iPad (charged this time) to the showing, knowing it wouldn't start on time and that a lot of people would be late and thinking I could use the time to study until the showing. Turns out it was only four of us and we just made a game day out of it (and ate some of the leftover baked goods). I was spontaneously asked if I wanted to join to of the members to a movie (Spiderman: Homecoming) and I decided to go. It was a great time spent with a couple of people who I now call friends.

Thursday, I just studied as much as I could and did the rest of my online class stuff. I didn't do as well as I had hoped (even though the grades for the quiz aren't out yet) on the quiz simply because I couldn't remember what kanji to write. I got the grammatical stuff right, I think. After the class, I began studying as much as I could before the Mass Transfer quiz the next day. That one was easier and I did better, I think. I hope I'll find out this week before the midterm exam next week.

Friday, I just spent relaxing and thinking about how I could do better. I have a piece of paper with roughly what I want to get done everyday. I hope this will help with studying.

Yesterday (26 August 2017), I went to the NSA event held at Auburn Botanical Gardens for Hanami, which is specifically watching cherry blossom petals falling (even though the name literally translates to flower viewing). I got up early to get there about 10, which I thought was the time to get there until I was more than half way there. I was actually about an hour early. Since the gardens were open, I decided to wander around until everyone else got there. I'm now glad I did get there early since I got many opportunities to take pictures and get selfies. When everyone else arrived, it had gotten more crowded and you wouldn't really be able to take a picture of anything without getting someone else in it as well. I walked around with the group when they were there and  then about noon, we broke off for lunch. Everyone started gathering back together about one, which at that time I basically needed to leave to head to a birthday party. I left and got to that meeting place early as well, but I knew that would happen since I had left pretty early. I helped (sort of) the birthday girl with shopping stuff before we headed back to her place. We snacked on chips and sweets, played board/card games, and watched various stuff. It was a nice time. We had dinner and cake there as well and everything was tasty. I talked with and listened to everyone at the dinner table (included was friends and parents). We didn't leave until about 11 pm and luckily one of the people also lived on campus and drove three of us (including herself) back. Overall, it was a really nice day and I was able to spend it with people I like.

Today, I just recovered a bit and started looking for apartments near NAU since my time here is starting to come to a close. That's about all that really happened today.

I think that's it for now! Until next time!


 ^^: The Henna a couple days after getting it. I still have it today, but it's fading away pretty fast since I wash my hands a lot, haha.
 ^^ & >>: It was Artweek at UNSW and a lot of stuff were up and around UNSW. It was pretty cool to see art everywhere.

 ^^: This was the rest of the food I had for dinner Tuesday night from the Monday night dinner get together. It was rice with egg and chicken katsu.
 ^^: This was in the parking garage as we were exiting and heading up to our rooms. It looked very creepy and we decided to rush a bit more up the stairs (as a joke).
 
 


 
 

^^: A few of the pictures I took at the gardens and at Hanami!

No comments:

Post a Comment