Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Semester 2, Week 3!

Hey, all!

Once again, I did not manage to post on the weekend like I hoped and am in the middle of the following week. Once more, I am hoping to get things back on track and make a post this weekend. We'll see if that happens. I think it should since I don't really have a lot planned for this weekend.

This passed week has been pretty eventful. Wednesday (02 August), I went to a club Welcome Back BBQ to help them out and to get some free food. It was in the same area as one of my classes that feels pretty tranquil. That showed that it is still a very serene place that not many people visit. I also noticed the sculpture for the first time and realized why they nicknamed the area the "Naked Lady Lawn." I got a few pictures of that as well as a few more pictures of the surrounding greenery and flowers. That night I went to another club even where I watched some older Doctor Who.

Thursday, I finally had my engineering class and I really enjoyed the teacher and his teaching style. It is more of what I'm used to: writing on the white board and writing what he has written down. I'm looking forward to this semester with him. A couple of students that sat next to me offered me a package of Middle Eastern biscuits/cookies and they were very good. Later that day, the apartment complex gave out free sushi to the residents and I got some. It was pretty good!

Saturday, I went to a park to help out with another BBQ for the Rainbow Project for Japan where Japanese have homestays here in Australia where they can stay until wreckage back home can be fixed, whether the wreckage was caused by earthquake, tsunami, etc. For the first half of making the sausages for the BBQ, I was using the bread crust to roll the sausages over to get them fully cooked since we didn't have tongs to use. That was a fun and interesting way to do things. I got to try some new Japanese foods as well and that made me really happy. I also spoke some broken Japanese, which was also nice.

Sunday, I went to a DogSoc event where we went to a dance studio-like place and watched a movie and dogs were welcome. We watched the movie Hachi and it was very good and also pretty sad. I felt pretty bad for Hachi and just wanted to give him a lot of love. When the movie first started, I had laid down on the ground (with a pillow I had brought) and one the dogs, Dragon, kept licking my face until I would push him away a little bit, but he would go around the room and end up back at me and go back to trying to lick my face. This happened two or three times. I laughed as did everyone else. I was actually pretty grateful that Dragon did this as I hadn't gotten to pet any dogs for a while and I was kinda sad about that.

Yesterday (08 August), I got to try two different styles of Middle Eastern desserts and they were pretty good. The treat was called a Knafeh. Today, nothing really interesting happened other than I got a little lost in a building trying to find the room to make it to another event of Doctor Who so I could watch another episode, haha!

I think that's it for now. Until next time!

 ^^ & >>: Left, is a  picture of a pretty scene of flowers in the tree. Right, is the flower that is in the trees above.
 << & ^^: Left, roots wrapping around the pole and above on the metal. Right, the Naked Lady pond.
 ^^: Left, I think this is the largest amount of Ibis I've seen so close together. I saw this at the park where the BBQ was. Right, a picture of the two small pieces of Knafeh that I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment