Monday, July 24, 2017

Semester 2, Week 1!

Hey, all!

Not much happened since the last post. Last week, I went and saw the tattoo artist to begin the consultation process to get a new tattoo, but after a design was picked and I asked for price, I found it was way out of mine and my family's budget for the moment. As a result, I won't be getting it here, unfortunately. I am asking the tattoo artist if she would still be willing to draw it up and be paid for it, but I have yet to hear back on that.

Over the passed week, I also ventured out of my apartment and searched for where my classes would be this semester as well as getting a couple books that I would need from the book store. I found quite a few spots that are very quiet and serene and I will be sharing some pictures from that. My pictures probably don't show how nice it is, but I hope you can imagine!

Saturday, I went to a Doctor Who club event that was held on campus. We watched part of the older series: the War Games! It was 10 episodes, each episode being about 25 minutes. It was quite long. Half way through, we stopped watching to order some pizza and play some Cards Against Humanity. It's a pretty fun game, but I'm pretty bad at it haha! We stopped playing that when the pizza came and then we continued watching the rest of the episodes. Afterward, we played a couple rounds of What Do You Meme? and it was fun as well. It's like Cards Against Humanity except with pictures of memes and caption cards.

Today (24 July 2017), classes started. I had two back-to-back classes starting at 9am and ending at 1pm. I was pretty tired by the time classes were over, especially since I didn't get a lot of sleep. My first class was the Japanese 2B one and I am foreseeing some issues since (so far) it's taught in mostly Japanese and I'm not recognizing a lot of the words and verbs, but I'm hoping I can overcome this and get even better at Japanese. The second class was the numerical methods part of my math course. It was amusing for a bit, but it was also a bit boring and hard to figure out some stuff, but I think I will also get used to it.

I looked at all of the course outlines for my classes and wrote down due dates as well as exam dates. My Classical Greece class is going to require another 2200 word essay, so I'm not looking forward to that, but at least it's the only essay and the lecture is online.

I think that's all for now. I will be posting at the end of the week as well recapping how my first week of the second semester went. Until then!

 <<: The view from the back of one of the buildings I do class in.
>>: View from one of the buildings my classes are in.
  << & ^^: a flower and another view from one of the building's entrances.
 >>: A view walking back to my apartment.
<<: Another view walking back to my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment