Saturday, April 8, 2017

Week 6, Over!

Hey, all!

This week was a pretty good week, as well as stressful. The only reason it was stressful was because I procrastinated on completing the readings for my classes this week (and as a result, procrastinated on completing the journal due for one of my classes that is on the reading). I definitely recommend NOT procrastinating on assignments and readings. If possible, try to get ahead and stay ahead! At the same time though, being in a new country, you need to let yourself experience new things. Try to find a balance! I am still trying to find my balance between studies and experiencing Australia!

To follow up on the video of the (sound of) bats last week, I managed to get a couple of pictures of one on Monday. It is pretty far away and a little blurry, but I still think the bats are pretty cool and they are definitely huge! I look forward to trying to get a better picture that allows you to see their actual size (and still have it be a good quality picture).

Friday, I went to see the movie Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice) in theatres with the Nippon Students' Assocation (NSA). It was a really good movie and it was really relatable. It made me teary-eyed more than a few times throughout the entire movie and at the end, I actually cried a bit. There are some that say the manga was better and the movie didn't do it justice, but at least one person thinks that they managed to adapt the manga into the movie well. In any case, I recommend it! Afterward, we went to an ice cream place and I ended up buying a "flower gelato" with the chocolate cherry and raspberry yoghurt flavours! It was very good and so pretty!

I procrastinated so much on reading that I had to catch up on 4 days worth of crocheting for the temperature blanket today. It wasn't that bad, I just needed to sit down and do it. Picture of it today (7.5 weeks) is below!

Next week I have a couple of (pretty big) tests! One of them is my Anatomy course and I need to work on memorizing all the parts of the bones, muscles, where the muscles originate and insert, as well as a bunch of other stuff. Another course, I'll be given 4 essay questions and I will have to answer 2 of them. Hopefully, they won't be that bad. I need to study a lot, so I'm going to leave this blog here! Wish me luck!

Until next time!

The many coins of Australia, compared in size to an American Quarter! In order: $2, 5 cents, 10 cents, $1, 20 cents, 50 cents. The top coin is the face of all of their coins.
 ^^ To the left, one of the bats I was able to take a picture of! To the right, an Alpine Dingo that I was able to pet!
The "Flower Gelato"! It was good!
Temperature Blanket at 7.5 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment