Sunday, June 4, 2017

Semester One, Over!

Hey, all!

The last week of my first semester in Australia ended on Friday! This week is study week and final exams are the next two and a half weeks after that. I only have one final and it is toward the end of the final session- June 22 in the morning. My sister come in on my birthday, next Thursday (June 15) and is here until June 21 and I'm excited for the small adventures we're going to have. I kinda wished she had waited until after my exam, but it's okay. Things will work out in the end. My parents visit June 24-July 8 and we will be traveling a good portion of Australia and I'm really excited for that! Expect a lot of pictures and updates around that time!

So! This passed week! It was very busy with three assignments/assessments all within 48 hours of each other. A test in the morning on Thursday and a group presentation later that same day with a 2200 word essay due the next day by midnight. Luckily, the teacher was kind enough to extend the tutorial report to a week later. I don't feel I did too well on the test as I didn't really feel like I had a lot of time to study for it, with a lot of other assessments coming up, especially with the essay. The group presentation went fine, I think. The essay I wrote in less than six hours as I had just finished reading the necessary sources that afternoon. Through Wednesday night and Friday morning (so those 48 hours), I only had 8 hours of sleep total. I was super tired by the end of the essay. My piece of advice to you: do NOT wait until the last minute to do any assignment, but especially essays. Starting reading the sources as soon as you are able and allocate time to do that. That was where I failed this semester and I will work hard to remedy that next semester, if I'm able to pass 3/4 of my classes.

It didn't help that Thursday evening/night, I went out to dinner with a group of people to celebrate a friend's birthday, but I wanted to be there for her and celebrate. Ever since these essays have popped up, I haven't been as social as I would have liked. Things turned out okay, so it's fine. For dinner, we went to a food court that had a ton of different kinds of Asian food- Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, etc. I ended up having ramen since I had never really had ramen before. It was so delicious and I wasn't able to finish it off, but I got close.

Friday, I was planning on going to a club's end of semester dinner, but I had to ditch that so I could finish the essay. It makes me sad, but it's what had to be done. I hope I will have more chances to hang out with them later!

I went to sleep Friday night/Saturday morning about 1/2 am and ended up sleeping until about 12:30pm Saturday afternoon. I could have easily slept more, but I feared I wouldn't be able to sleep until late. Not that it mattered, as I ended up staying up until 2am again. I woke up today (Sunday) around 11 am to try and get my sleep schedule back on track. We'll see how well that goes since it's 12:30am as I am writing this. Whoo!

This upcoming week will probably be busy, but in a good way. I have a couple of appointments, one to see if I can get my ADHD helped and one to continue helping my hips and low back. I am also making plans to go to a movie with a group of friends at some point this week. In between all of that, I need to complete the tutorial report, which should be easy, and study for the anatomy final exam.

I think that's it for now! Until next time!

^^: Loud birds chirping up a storm in the dusk time.
 ^^: I've been getting so cold recently and this was one of the times I just couldn't seem to get very warm easily. I had one scarf around my neck (turquoise) and another scarf wrapped around my head and ears as a hat, haha! I thought it looked funny, but it helped keep me warm.
 ^^: A set up that I saw while we were walking to the food court!
^^: Ramen! It was a miso-based soup with a bunch of other yummy things!

1 comment:

  1. Making new friends in a strange place can be hard to do. It's really great you were able to find some! That's awesome that you were finally able to have some restaurant ramen. Oh and that panda dress from your last post is adorable!

    ReplyDelete