Sunday, June 18, 2017

Half Way Through Sister's Stay!

Hey, all!

It has been a very eventful week since the last post! I've been so busy the four days my sister has been here that I haven't really had the time to make a post! I will be posting later this week as well, after she leaves and before my parents get here.

Tuesday (June 13), I finished packing most things away and waited patiently until I could move. Initially, I was supposed to be able to begin moving in about 2pm, but because they were so busy after a public holiday, I ended up having to wait until ~5pm. Which was mostly fine, I was just more pushed for time. My first trip to the place with two of my suitcases, I ended up dropping my student ID card (that allows me to get into the buildings and my room) in the crack of the elevator. So that was special and a showcase for my Murphy blood, haha! I went to the office and they gave me a temporary card, which I was grateful for. I moved most of my stuff over, with a few exceptions and met 3 of my 4 roommates and I was already feeling much better with my living arrangements. They are more social and communicate more and it makes me happy. When I was done moving the stuff over, I went back to my old room and cleaned everything in my room. I then cleaned a select few things in the bathroom and kitchen areas. Afterward. I vacuumed my room and the kitchen and living areas. Shortly after that, I went to bed for the last time in that room.

Wednesday, I woke up relatively early (~8:20am) since I needed to be out of that room by 10 am so they could clean the carpets and inspect stuff. I moved the rest of my stuff over and got to the office to check out shortly after 10am. After that process, I went to get a new student ID card and I was able to get one quickly for 25 AUD. After that, I picked up the edible arrangements my parents had sent to me via the closest shop. That was great and delicious! I was able to put a few things away before I met up with some friends to hang out and shop around a mall before going to get dinner with a few more friends. It was a great day and I was happy to be able to spend it with friends. When I got back, I finished unpacking and moving things, at least, to their proper area and then took a shower. I went to bed with anticipation for my sister to come in the following morning.

Thursday, I woke up early to see my sister come in to the airport and waited to meet up with her. We first stopped by my place and relaxed a bit before going to check in at her place. We went to the Coogee Beach and the Centennial Park that day and it was fun. We saw many birds at the park and even saw sleeping bats!

Friday, we had breakfast at Coogee Beach before traveling to Bondi Beach. About noon, we left Bondi Beach to head for the Supanova expo that my sister had bought tickets for. It was fun and I bought a few things! Afterward, we went to Sydney Vivid lights next to the Sydney Opera House and it was a great experience! It happens once a year for a couple weeks, so I would recommend going during that time if you are able!

Saturday morning, we went to the Sydney Sea Life Aquarium and spent a couple hours there. I was able to see some things that I didn't see last time, like the octopus they had. After that, we went to Little Tokyo Tattoo and waited for out tattoo to get done. We were there for a few hours, as our artist was running a bit behind, but that was okay and he did a great job! My sister and I are really happy with the results. Afterward, we went to the Sydney Wildlife Zoo, next to the Sea Life Aquarium and spent about an hour there. That was also fun and a good experience.

Today (Sunday), we woke up expecting to go to the Blue Mountains, only to find that the buses and trains don't run that way until Monday, so we moved some plans around and went to the Featherdale Wildlife Park. We were able to touch and feed kangaroos, wallabies, a wombat, and a koala! The koala encounter was an extra 20 AUD, but we also got a picture with it, so that was nice. We also saw dingoes and they had puppies!! The bulk of the photos I took there were of the dingoes! They were so cute and responsive to us talking to them. I wouldn't have minded staying there even longer just taking pictures and videos of them because they were so active and doing a lot of things. Afterward, we traveled to a mall back in Sydney. We had Mexican food before we went shopping around. Here, I bought a couple anime figures that I found and really wanted. Now, we're back at my sister's place and we'll be staying here the rest of the night. Tomorrow, we're planning on going to the Blue Mountains and then Tuesday, we're planning on going to the Taronga Zoo and she leaves on Wednesday.

I think that's all this time. Until next time!

(I will add pictures when I am able to!)
Update: June 22, 2017 19:15 Pictures and videos added


^^: Waves crashing at Coogee Beach.
^^: Seagulls visiting us during breakfast. They got quite close. You could probably touch them if they would let you.
^^: The lights on Sydney Opera House during the Vivid event!

 ^^: New room!
 ^^: Edible arrangements my parents sent me the day before my birthday!
 ^^: Picture of my group of friends that came to dinner to celebrate my birthday a day early!
 ^^: Bondi Beach!


 ^^: The three pictures above are from the Sydney Vivid lights event!
 ^^: Left, the back of my sister's new tattoo. Right, the back of my new tattoo!
 ^^: The front of our tattoos!

 ^^: Wallaby and Kangaroo at Sydney Wildlife Zoo, next to the Sydney SeaLife Aquarium!
^^: The crocodile at Sydney Wildlife Zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment