Sunday, May 21, 2017

Week 12, Start!

Hey, all!

This is the second to last week of school for the semester! This passed week was very busy and exciting!

Monday, I went to some friends' place to help make the food we were going to sell at an event for the club on Tuesday! We got there about 7:30pm and started preparing. We were making onigiri and mitarasu dango! It was a very long process, even with everyone that was there (about 8-10 of us), but it was very fun and I was able to talk and have fun with everyone. By the time I and another left (about 12:30am), there was still a bit to do, but I had to go home and get some rest as I had a 9am lecture. I think they finished relatively soon after we left.

Tuesday, I was at the event the entire time and it was pretty smooth. We had a lot of customers within the first hour or so, but after that, it was a trickle of people and we still had quite a bit of one type of onigiri and some dango. >,< Oh well! It felt like a pretty long day, but it was still a lot of fun!

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, not much happened. We ended up having a substitute lecturer for our anatomy lecture and will have her for this week's last class. I'm not very happy about it as it's distracting and it's hard to follow along with this new teacher's teaching style. But I will get over it, since there is just one more class. Next week is the next major test for that class and I feel like I'm not ready! I'm going to do my best with studying for it and everything else coming up in the next two weeks!

Saturday, I went to the SeaLife Sydney Aquarium through the UNSW Village and that was extremely fun and I was able to see and experience many things! They had stairs that led you deeper into water and there were tunnels where you could see the fish, sharks, etc swim over and beside you! It was a great experience! After I was done (took about 2.5-3 hours), I went exploring a bit. I looked at a couple craft stores looking for a similar yellow-ish yarn to match the one I have, but I couldn't find anything that was similar enough. Oh well, time to keep looking! When I gave up on that, I started heading to a bus stop and accidentally came across a mall! I've been looking for a warmer jacket than I currently have and I decided to check it out. The first few stores were disappointing, just because their prices were so high, even with their sale of ~20% off going on. I went to the lower ground level and was pleasantly surprised at what I found. The first store didn't really have a style I liked, so I went to the next store, not expecting much, but not only did they have great styles of coats and great prices, they had amazingly cute dresses! I wish I had had more money so I could have bought a lot more of their dresses, cardigans, and accessories! The name of the shop was Dangerfield! I bought a coat, a dress, and a couple pieces of headwear accessories! I am looking forward to wearing everything! After buying this, I started my trek home and got back safely and extremely happy about how the day had gone!

Today, not much happened. I Skyped with my parents in the US and spoke with them and wished my dad a Happy Birthday since it was his birthday for them. It was just a nice, relaxing day. I went to Taido and we all were practicing for grading, which happens next Sunday! I'm excited and a little nervous, but I'm sure everything will go fine!

I think that's all for now! Until next time!


^^: Jellyfish!

^^: Fish,etc swimming around me in the tunnel!


^^: Penguins!

 ^^: Stray kitties we came across on our way to their place to make the food! They're so cute ♥ I didn't pet one because I'm pretty allergic >,<
 ^^: Left, they have lights for bicycles as well as cars! I thought this was pretty cool! Right, it's the Yellow Submarine! I don't actually know what this place sells, but I thought it was funny since it reminded me of the song!

 ^^: Left, a cute fish thing that I don't know the name of, but it was moving so it's face was looking at me and I wanted to take a picture since it was cute! Right, a Dugong! They've been mistaken as mermaids (I think?) and are known as the mermaids of the sea!

 ^^: Left and Right: They had a bunch of artwork in the first half of the aquarium and is was great! I loved it!
 ^^ Left and Right: Penguins!
 
 ^^ Left and Right: more of a scenic shot than of anything in particular, but I liked these and you can still see the fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment