Saturday, March 25, 2017

Week 4 Over

Hey, all!

Once again, this passed week wasn't very eventful as I had a pretty big assignment worth 30% of my grade due for one of my classes. I needed to find a primary source which was proving to be really difficult to find. I think I finally found one that could be considered a primary source, but I'll find out either way. I will also be receiving a book from Amazon (that my parents paid for, thank you!) that will really help with writing this essay.

Sunday, I attended a meeting to determine if I would be a good member to have on the general committee for one of the clubs I'm in and I had a lot of fun! Afterwards, I was even invited to karaoke with a couple of the people. That was my first time, ever, going to karaoke and I had a lot of fun! It also reinforced that I need to get better at reading Japanese and stop being so distracted at kanji when it comes up, haha. After karaoke, we had dinner somewhere and it was pretty good. After dinner, we went to the cake place I went to last week (85C Bakery Cafe) and bought a couple more cakes to have as dessert throughout the week. I bought the Black Forest cake and the Shangri-La Mango cake. Both were very good, but I think I liked the Shangri-La Mango better. I look forward to trying more of their cakes!

Monday through Friday, I was pretty busy with trying to find the primary source and finish the Proposal that was due Friday afternoon. I hardly went to any club activities as I was really worried about getting this assignment finished. Luckily, I finished it in time, but I'm not sure I really finished it satisfactorily. Oh well, I did what I could.

Friday afternoon, a couple of my roommates asked me if I wanted to join them for dinner that night, and I said sure! This is the first real contact and communication we've really had and it makes me happy that this happened. I was really beginning to worry I wouldn't ever really communicate with them or hang out with them. They treated me for food, even after I asked if they wanted me to pay them back, which was really nice of them and I think this was a good start to opening a relationship with them.

Today (Saturday), I didn't do horribly much, to my  chagrin, dealing with school. I did do laundry, get food and such for breakfasts and lunches this next week, and I filled up the six 2-L water bottles I have at the water-bottle-filling station closest to my building. However, I didn't do anything related to school today. I guess I just needed a day to myself since all I did this passed week was worry about school. Oh well, I just need to do a little more stuff tomorrow and I think this will be doable. I was thinking about going to a dog park that the Dog Appreciation Society (a club/society I joined) was hosting, but the ride via public transport is very long (about 1 hour and 15 minutes one way). Since it was this long, I debated about going, and I decided that I wouldn't go, even though I really would like to see some dogs and play with them. I just think that's a bit too far to go when I still have a lot of stuff to do.

I also haven't been crocheting every night as I've been so busy, so I ended up crocheting a lot of rows on the temperature blanket tonight, right before typing this post.

I plan to try and be more social this upcoming week, but I also plan on getting more ahead with my subjects. Wish me luck! Until next time!

^^ I recorded some of the bird calls in the evening.


Black Forest cake
Shangri-La Mango cake

Last week, I had a map quiz in one of my classes where I had to fill out Asia on the map they gave us. The neatest map would "win" a box of fortune cookies! I used my colorful pens (and perhaps a little bit of my OCD-ness) and won!
Five and a half (3 days) in! I'm going to have to start folding it in order to store it when I'm not working on it!




No comments:

Post a Comment