Saturday, March 18, 2017

Getting Better (Finally)

Hey, all!

This week was not very exciting as I was just trying to focus on getting better and doing things for class, but I did a few things this passed week.

Sunday, I went to see Sword Art Online the Movie: Ordinal Scale with the Anime Club at UNSW. I really, really enjoyed the movie and I'm glad I was went to this with others, even though I was having doubts about going (because I just really wanted to rest and I didn't want to ruin the movie for those around me with blowing my nose and coughing). Luckily, I only coughed a little and didn't need to blow my nose at all. To get to the cinemas, I had to take the bus. After I got off of the bus, I walked to the cinemas and saw a few things that made me smile. There was a sign that had PSY (the Korean singer/performer, if you don't know him- just look up Oppa Gangam Style) and I found this amusing. A little further passed this, was a café and bakery that had these awesome-looking cakes. I ended up getting one before finishing my walk to the cinemas, thinking I would either eat it before we went to get our seats or while I was watching the movie. I didn't end up eating it for a couple reasons: an acquaintance shared his popcorn with me and it was REALLY dark in the theatre and I didn't feel comfortable eating something that could be potentially very messy. After the movie, on my way to the bus stop to get home, I ended up getting another cake sine the café was still open.

Monday, I went to the doctor (again) and was once again told that it was probably viral and not bacterial so antibiotics wouldn't do any good. At this point, I was feeling a little better than I had the previous days, but it was still a little annoying since I had been going in to the doctor's office (seeing a different doctor each time) every week, at least once, since I have gotten here. I ended up going to the pharmacy and looking around for things to help boost my immune system so I could get better faster. I think I finally found something that helped me get over whatever it is I had. Hopefully, this continues and I will fully be over whatever it is that had me.

I have gotten to the point that I am beginning to feel really overwhelmed with everything I have to do. I had tried keeping a mental checklist of everything I needed to do for the upcoming week and prepping for the essays I have to write, but that didn't work. So I finally wrote down a list for me to focus on doing this week so I can beat this semester without feeling even more overwhelmed. Hopefully this works, as I have a pretty big assignment due in one of my classes this week- the proposal for the essay I am going to write. Together, the proposal and essay is worth 75% of my grade in the class, so I want to be able to get that done without rushing for it.

Every day, I have been crocheting more onto the temperature blanket and the picture I have provided is 4 weeks in.

I think that's it for this week. Until next time!

^^ The sign and cakes I saw on my way to the cinemas!



 ^^ The ticket to get in and a group picture after the movie!



 ^^ The container the put the cake in and the cakes I got. Above is the Hokkaido Strawberry, and below is the Swiss Devil Chocolate. Both cakes were very good, but I think I preferred the Hokkaido Strawberry.

^^ Temperature blanket at 4 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment