Saturday, March 11, 2017

Sick again /:

Hey, all!

This week has been interesting. Sunday, I watched the Taido session like I said I would, but at some point I ended up coughing so much/ so hard that I must have pulled a muscle. At first, it wasn't that painful, but Monday, it proved to get worse, to the point I was unsure what the pain was. It hurt to sit up, lay down, and it really hurt to cough- so it made being sick that much worse. I saw the nurse (and then the doctor) on campus, thinking maybe the pain was my appendix, or even ovarian cyst (which I've have before). After the appointment, the doctor told me it was more likely to be a pulled/torn muscle, but made an appointment for me later in the week to get an ultrasound done, just in case.

Tuesday, I felt better, the pain in my lower right abdomen was not that noticeable anymore and I promptly forgot about it the rest of the day- until the Taido session that night which I participated in (light workout stuff only). The first forward roll I did, aggravated the pulled muscle and I stepped out and watched the rest of the session. It hurt for a few days afterward, and even now still hurts.

Thursday, I had the ultrasound and nothing out of the norm was there and when I saw a doctor the next day as follow up, he confirmed it was a muscle thing and told me how to help it. I went to one of the club's dinner get together's that night and had some fun trying new food and trying to be social and talking to new people. I had a chicken omelette with rice and a 4pc spring roll! It was pretty good, but I split it up so I could make another meal out of it- trying to save money. For both items, it was $20 AUD. I saw this as pricey for a meal, so that's why I split it in half. I feel like $10 AUD is still a bit pricey for a meal, but it's not as bad.

Friday night, after I got back to my room from the dinner get together, I noticed my throat was seriously starting to hurt, so I figured that I must be getting another cold or something, so I went to sleep and slept in as much as I could today. I felt worse after waking up- my throat hurt so bad it hurt to swallow, I wasn't hungry though I know I needed to eat, I didn't feel like getting out of my bed, and my head hurt and it felt like I had a fever. After taking a hot shower [after getting some food, ibuprofen (for the muscle pain so I could cough and the possible fever I had), and a vitamin C pill to help fight whatever had me this time)], I felt better- my throat didn't hurt nearly as much and I was starting to get a little hungry. As I'm typing this now, though, I'm starting to feel worse again- my throat is starting to hurt again and I fear I will wake up tomorrow like I woke up today- in pain and not wanting to do anything.

I plan to get ready for this upcoming week of school by starting the necessary readings and everything else that needs to be done. I'm still trying to adjust to the amount of prepping I need to do for these courses so I can pass them.

I also got the latest package from my parents! It had a lot of useful things. The main thing that made me happy, though, were the movies and shows that were there.

Until next time!

 ^^ This was the meal I had. It was pretty big,

^^ The box I received from my parents. US Customs had it for a bit and opened the bottom of the box and tore a corned /: I don't think anything fell out though, luckily. The second picture is my temperate blanket as of tonight- 3 weeks and 1 day.

No comments:

Post a Comment