Thursday, February 16, 2017

2 Days In

Hey all!

I am ending my second day here in Australia! So much has happened already and I've already had an emotional whirlwind. I've seen so many new birds and so many trees and greenery that I am really happy I chose Sydney, Australia to study abroad to.

The free ride provided by UNSW from the airport to the university was a little informing. I learned that the Ibis are an equivalent to a crow from the USA. I would equate them to maybe a pigeon because they are known to eat garbage from the bins. Yet, I have only seen 3 in my 2 days on campus. I've seen more smaller birds than I have Ibis.

Yesterday, I checked in to my accommodations - the UNSW Village (the Village). I have 4 other roommates and I've only met 2. I'm pretty sure that the other 2 are here and either keep to themselves or I just haven't been around at the right times to meet them. I've walked to so many new places between yesterday and today. After I checked in and got all of my luggage into my room, I decided I would walk around campus and try to familiarize myself with the place. I got my student ID at the library and got partially lost on my way to the library. It was a great experience, haha! I at least had the map that the Village gave me which kept me from being completely lost! Yesterday, I also visited all the buildings that my classes are going to be in and Monday, I am planning to time myself to see how long it takes to get to the classes.
 
Today, I got my linen pack and will finally take a shower! I also signed up for some events that the Village is hosting next week. I'm excited to have some fun. I will be going on a cruise on Wednesday and maybe to the carnival they have set up on the same day. Thursday, I will be going to the beach and learning how to surf! I'm not sure I will continue this as my balance is horrible and I can see this being bad for surfing! Friday, I will be going to the Taronga Zoo! I am really excited for this one just because I love animals so much! Saturday, I may go to the Village's dinner and talent quest, but that may just be my day of rest. Sunday, I'm thinking about doing a walk from Coogee to Bondi. UNSW's O-week starts next week as well and I will probably be doing even more!

I also finally got my new SIM card/phone plan and a new Australian phone number. As a result, I also ended up getting my internet today which allowed me to make a post here and upload some pictures!

Until next time!

 Above is an Ibis.


 A cute bird, not sure of it's name.


 A cute bird, not sure of it's name.
 A cute bird, not sure of it's name.
 A cute bird, not sure of it's name.
 Above are two Australian Kookaburra!

No comments:

Post a Comment